Barilla, an Italian multinational food company, offers a tasty and easy to make recipe: pasta salad with mozzarella, zucchini and basil. The sauce is the main link between the pasta and the rest of the salad ingredients.
The recipe for pasta salad with mozzarella is easy to prepare, delicious and even kids of all ages love it. Also, you could make it for lunch, dinner, or for guests!
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 pack (500 g) of Tropical Barilla pasta
- 2 zucchini sliced into thin strips using a peeler
- 20 cherry tomatoes sliced or cut into quarters
- Pack of halved baby mozzarella balls
- A handful of basil sprouts or basil leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons roasted pine nuts
For the sauce:
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple or honey
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Boil a pot with water to cook the pasta. Add some salt and the pasta and cook for around six minutes.
- Prepare the sauce: Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper in a jar. Taste and balance flavors if necessary.
- Mix the pasta with the sauce ingredients.
- Take the zucchini and slice it into very thin strips using a peeler.
- Cut all of the tomatoes in half or into quarters (Whichever you prefer).
- Add the zucchini, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, basil, and pine nuts. Mix everything together.